I’ve been announcing this for what seems like forever, but today’s the day, I’m going to show you my new study!
I’m really proud to finally have a dedicated room for work, and excited that my first office turned out so beautiful!
What makes this room special is that many pieces you see here are unique items, which makes everything all that more personal. I spend the largest part of my time in this room here, so I wanted everything to be perfect, from storage to accessories. Mission accomplished!
Let’s start with my Tylko shelf, the modules of which I selected myself with help from a dedicated app that made it easy to get the exact measures I needed. The app is not only useful to get the height and width right, it also lets you select colour, depth and the specifications of each module – all super simple with an integrated selector. Tylko are not only selling shelves by the way, they have a wide range of furniture on offer.
When the shelf arrived, I even managed to assemble the whole thing completely on my own! Of course it helped a lot that no screwing or drilling was necessary, all I needed to do was to plug together the massive wood slabs – job done. Easy breezy!
I wanted to use the shelf also for decorative items, so I stowed everything that isn’t decorative away in color coded boxes and used the shelf space for elements like vases, magazines and a glowing globe.
For items that don’t serve a decorative function and are difficult to stow away in boxes (like files and binders), I bought a small cupboard , which – along with the printer – is half-hidden from sight behind the door.
Another crucial piece of furniture in my office is my individually designed desk by MYCS, which works perfectly as a centerpiece in the middle of the room. As in the case of the shelf, I worked with a modular system, using the mycs online configuration tool in order to create a piece of furniture that would be catered exactly to my individual needs.
For my personal #girlboss-desk, I selected an additional drawer and two extension pieces so that I can easily expand the size of the surface area. I particularly love the desk’s legs, since they are what give the piece its special, very Scandinavian feel. Also: the legs match the parquet floor perfectly!
Apart from desks and tables, mycs also enables you to create individualized shelves, sideboards, coffee tables and more (I love that the company’s headquarter and one of the showrooms are situated in Berlin, btw). With the online configurator, it’s super easy to choose each individual module, select exactly those sizes, colors and designs that you love and see how your design changes throughout the design process in-real time. Good-bye, compromises!
And the best part: The desk is made of high-quality pieces, was delivered super fast directly to my doorstep and the delivery was already included in the price.
By the way: My personal desk design is part of the mycs guest design project, for which multiple bloggers have created beautiful furniture pieces – go ahead and take a look at their fabulous designs!
colorful boxes: Hay
golden flowerpot: H&M
carafe: Georg Jensen
A highlight – quite literally – is my logo in pink neon tubes by Sygns. You don’t see at first sight what’s going on, but when I switch it on my logo pops out miraculously. A real eye-catcher.
All the other items in this room were selected with great care as well, like my clothes rail by Bolia (an alternative to the ubiquitous rail by Hay), the minimalist carafe by Georg Jensen, the somewhat shy table lamp, the individual pictures – each lovingly selected. Even the bunch of flowers is a special edition arranged by Jessie for Bloomy Days.
One thing I learned: this room needs time. It’s a space that grounds me. I need to have time to be in this room, and I need to make that time consciously. I need to fill this space with life, just like I filled my blog, and let it all grow. In other words, I guarantee that this won’t be the last update from this room. I’ll keep ya posted… :)
5 tips for the office
– I am prone to forgetting to eat and drink enough, and need to make sure I always have a bottle next to me to hydrate. That said, a carafe is of course a stylish alternative to a bottle. Every morning I put in an ingredient of choice (like berries, or limes…) and fill it with water. Both practical and very pretty to look at!
– Flowers make ever room that much friendlier! It need not always be a huge bunch, sometimes a small plant or two are enough to improve the atmosphere a lot.
– I didn’t want my ivy shelf to look too chaotic, so I bought little boxes and containers (e.g. by Hay and Muji) for all these small things that tend to fly around. Makes everything much more organized and clean straight away.
– No frame at hand? No worries! Sometimes I simply use a bit of black tape instead. A little touch to mix things up!
Selected with care for long-lasting satisfaction.
– I really take my time when furnishing a place, it takes me ageeeees, and I don’t usually make spontaneous purchases. With hindsight, this approach really paid off – many of the accessories in my room (pictures, magazines, etc.) are many years old, and I still enjoy them a lot. Take it from me: select your items with care when it’s time to furnish a room, you will enjoy your furniture so much longer.