• I discovered two new cultural spheres this year, the Asian – well, actually the Thai culture, to be more precise – and the South African. I have never visited Asia before, and not seen anything of Africa outside of Morocco. Experiencing wonderful moments in these distant corners of the world – a definite highlight of my year.
• Iceland was my biggest positive surprise this year. I went there expecting to like it, but I never imagined the extent to which the country would enchant me. My trip to Iceland ranks among the most unique experiences I ever had in my entire life.
• 2016 was the year of road trips for me. I have never been on long trips by car before, but that changed with my trips through the USA, cruising through California and Nevada as well as the road trip through Iceland. I am completely converted.
• It was a great year for traveling in general. Instead of jetting from one Fashion Week to the other, I decided to discover new places. Well, and I also ended up attending Fashion Week in Copenhagen, which was a first :)
• My funny outtakes series was particularly popular among you, dear readers. I guess it’s time for another installment. What do you say?
• With the launch of my new layout I created a bit of a trend. The beginning was a little rocky, but I immersed myself in it, and discovered more and more functions. And now I regularly see overlapping photo arrangements and print-inspired layouts on other blogs as well.
• Talking about print: this year I had the honour to be featured in some wonderful magazines. Highlights include the cover of Blonde Magazine and an interview with Brandeins, which made me very proud indeed.
• Thinking back on the year, I am also thinking about some of my favorite clothes: my loafers by &otherstories, my Saint Laurent bag and my black/grey high-wasted jeans.
• Last year brought me new friendships. After my nervous breakdown I decided to give myself more quality time in life, and to leave my little capsule and open up more. This lead to wonderful new friendships with amazing people, friendships on eye-level, both personally and professionally. I even went on holiday with some of my new friends…. and the relationships are still going strong :)
• Even though I published fewer posts this year, and despite the fact that blogging is allegedly becoming less important compared to other platforms, my readership grew by 10% last year. That makes me very, very proud!
• 2016 was the year of the big Instagram boom! Many campaigns were tailored exclusively to this platform, and many influencers experienced a veritable boost in popularity. I’m still somewhat skeptical, I have to say, but I’m going with the flow. To me, blogging remains the more beautiful medium. And be it is it may with the overall globalization of everything, the majority of my readers – 75% is still from Germany. 25% of you are from North Rhine Westphalia, 16% from Bavaria and 13% from Berlin.
• Facebook remains my most important social network – about 20% of blog visits are linked back from the site in blue and white.
• The majority of my readers are in the 25-34 age bracket, which is the age group I am also part of :)
• I boarded 35 planes this year. A little less than last year at first sight, but I simply took the car and train more often. Overall, I travelled many more miles this year than in the previous one, and tended to be away for longer stretches. That’s probably why it feels like I was on the road pretty much all the time.
My favorite Songs 2016: